The other person’s insurance company is accepting full liability and that’s a good thing since my own insurance had lapsed. This teenager was speeding through a residential neighborhood in an effort to see how fast he could go and he blew through a stop sign(I didn’t have a stop sign) and struck my passenger side door. I wasn’t belted in and suffered some bruises and back pain which is keeping me off work now for 2 weeks. I went to the ER on the first day and have seen a doctor 4 times since the accident. Things are getting better.
The claims adjuster wanted me to sign a release of medical records and I declined.
They have given us a rental and now tell us they have placed a value on our car of 1100 dollars. They also want to settle the bodily injury claim and scoffed at my first notion of a fair settlement which was a range I gave of 5000-10000 dollars depending on how long I’m injured.
She said they rarely go over 5000 for soft tissue injuries.
I kinda feel like they are playing a game with me when all I want is to be treated fairly and gain adequate compensation. I refuse to use a lawyer so save your comments on that one. I just want to know what I should do otherwise in dealing with the insurance provider.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- do you need to sign amedical release before getting an offer personal injury claim
- car accident how much to ask for
- was in a car accident have 4000 00 in medical bills how muvh will yhe insurance offer me
- should i be concerned if my insurance case is reassigned
- personal injury claims ask how much for car wrecks?
- open auto medical claim how much can i ask for
- ISURANCE COMPANY OFFERS ME $250 for my whiplash
- how much will the insurance company offer for wreck
- how much to ask for personal injury
- how much to ask for medical compensation if bill is 1500